More of Our Projects
Additional projects include:
Norton Engineering Inc. is working with the Institute of Catastrophic Loss Reduction (ICLR) on number of significant projects, including "Societal Costs of I/I", "Evaluation of the Ontario Building Code as it Relates to I/I", and "Engineering Data and Flood Risk". She also sits on the Durham Climate Resistance Standard Technical Committee, as well as the ICLR Municipal Advisory Committee.
Barbara was appointed as Chair of the 20-member committee of industry experts developing the new CSA Guideline (to become a Standard) Z800, Basement Flood Protection. The draft Guideline was posted for public review in December 2017.
In addition, Norton Engineering Inc. is currently providing engineering services to a variety of projects, including:
- I/I Program Management and general township engineering services for Township of Woolwich (2001 to ongoing)
- Subconsultant for the Region of York Inflow and Infiltration Reduction Practises for New Subdivisions (2017)
- Subconsultant for the Region of York Survey of Local Municipal Practices wrt I/I related practices (2018)
- Subconsultant to private engineering consultant on Halton Region Burlington & Oakville Downspout Disconnect Project (2017 to Phase 2 (2018))
- Subconsultant to private engineering consultant on Fort Erie PCP (2017 to ongoing)
- Pilot Projects on Flooding & Engineering Data: City of Kingston, City of Waterloo, City of Windsor (2017 to ongoing)
- Review of New Subdivision Flow Monitoring Data: Welland (2018)
- Interpretation of Ontario Building Code and National Building Code with respect to I/I issues (various clients: ongoing)
- Barbara is working with the Ontario Plumbing Inspectors Association on various initiatives related to reducing private side I/I (2017 to ongoing)
Private side storm sewer. This type of installation (with glued plastic pipe that is not bedded) can easily fail and allow water to collect around the building foundation which can potentially allow I/I into our sewer systems.